PITTSBURGH – Look for new shopping experiences at Pittsburgh International Airport this spring. The airport and Fraport Pittsburgh are introducing a variety of specialty stores with offerings ranging from a one of a kind fragrance bar to an interactive play space for children and parents alike.
“We’re pleased to introduce new concepts that cater to the airport’s growing passenger base and create a vibrant retail experience,” said Cathy Simoni, vice president of Fraport Pittsburgh, the developer of the concessions program at PIT. “Like any retail environment, our program at Pittsburgh International Airport is dynamic and evolves with consumer tastes and trends. Our focus continues to be on serving the traveling public and giving passengers and guests a great experience at the airport.”
Six new stores will be opening in the Center Core of the airside terminal. Hours are 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday through Friday and 5 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
• Timeless Travel carries a wide range of watches, bags and accessories from top designers and brands including Michael Kors, Armani, Furla, Prada, Tissot, Fossil, Montblanc and Coach, with new selections arriving monthly. Elegantly appointed, the 1,050-square-foot store opens late February.
• Look for 1,432 square feet of fun at Perfectly Plane Fun. Opening in March, the new store will provide an interactive space filled with toys, games, puzzles and more to entertain the little ones; adults, too.
• Step into The Candy Shoppe and be transported to a magical land of sweetness. The chic candy boutique caters to travelers by offering the best in specialty candy, sweets and delicious treats. The 561-square-foot boutique opens in March.
• Socks are the latest accessory trend, and Soul Mates delivers with hundreds of fun novelty socks and multiple styles, prints and colors for men, women, and children. Plus, statement hosiery and essential basics for all your travels. The new 734-square-foot store opens late March.
• Whether your day takes you five blocks or five time zones, stylish, functional bags will be within reach at the new (657 sq. ft.) baggallini store, starting March 31. Two flight attendants founded the business 20 years ago. Today, their beautifully organized bags and accessories are still working hard for the everyday traveler.
• With a one of a kind fragrance bar and amenities, The Galleria presents an exciting open store design where guests can experience a wide range of products first hand. Travelers will find both duty-free and duty-paid products from familiar brands to new finds in the 3,561-square-foot store. The Galleria will be open for business in March.
Other recent arrivals included Steel City News and Steel City Express news and gift stores.
“As we continue to increase the number of passengers in our terminal, we’re eager to introduce new concepts and stores throughout the airport,” said Eric Sprys, Chief Commercial Officer, Allegheny County Airport Authority. “We expect to add even more shopping and dining options in the upcoming year.”
About Allegheny County Airport Authority
Allegheny County Airport Authority, which manages Pittsburgh International Airport and Allegheny County Airport, is committed to transforming Pittsburgh’s airports to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. Its 2017 Annual Report detailing growth and improved financial position can be found at www.flypittsburgh.com/AR17.
Pittsburgh International Airport serves more than 9½ million passengers annually on 17 carriers. Air Transport World named Pittsburgh International its 2017 Airport of the Year. Travel + Leisure and J.D. Power have again named Pittsburgh International a Top 10 Domestic Airport in 2018.
About Fraport USA®
Fraport USA is the developer and manager of the retail, food and beverage operations at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, Pittsburgh International Airport, JetBlue’s Terminal 5 at John F. Kennedy International Airport, and Nashville International Airport. A leading airport concessions model in North America, Fraport USA projects rank among the highest for per-passenger spending and consistently receive accolades for innovation and customer service. For information, visit fraport-usa.com. Fraport USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fraport AG Frankfurt Airport Services Worldwide, the global airport company based in Frankfurt, Germany. For information about Fraport AG, visit fraport.com. ###