Week of Yoga, Healthy Snacks and Activities Begin May 31 at PIT
PITTSBURGH – Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT) is helping travelers focus on ways to stay fit and healthy on the go with Fit2Fly from Tuesday, May 31 to Friday, June 3, 2016. Fit2Fly week includes a series of health and wellness activities – including free yoga sessions, giveaways and fitness tips – to encourage passengers while traveling.
“Fit2Fly is our way of showing travelers how fun and easy it is to incorporate health and wellness into traveling,” said Bob Kerlik, vice president of media relations for Pittsburgh International Airport. “Whether it’s grabbing a healthy snack or walking a few extra steps on the way to your flight, there are many simple yet satisfying things a traveler can do to stay fit while flying.”
Activities scheduled at the AirMall at Pittsburgh International Airport during Fit2Fly week include:
- Tuesday, May 31: Complimentary tea tastings at Starbucks (airside) from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 1: Equipment demos at FlyBy Sports in the Center Core from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, June 2: Designated Fit2Fly Day
- Free yoga sessions with Lizzzrrd Lounge Studios from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Center Core near the video wall
- A Fit2Fly team will hand out nutritional Jimmy Bars and free fitness gear
- Friday, June 3: Pinkberry smoothie samplings from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
A Fit2Fly team will also hand out cards that offer travelers tips for staying healthy on the go, ranging from poses for mid-flight yoga to a dining guide that highlights the airport’s healthy offerings. Giveaways include jump ropes, yoga mats, water bottles and other fit-friendly items.
“Summer is a peak season for air travel,” adds Mr. Kerlik. “Fit2Fly makes it easier for all travelers, from fitness enthusiasts to less active individuals, to ensure that they don’t leave their fitness goals up in the air.”
Use the hashtag #Fit2Fly to share your favorite tips for staying healthy while traveling.