Grand Opening for Newest Retail Units, Restaurants Set for September 30th
BOSTON, September 15, 2008 – BAA Boston, developer of the AIRMALL® at Boston Logan International Airport, is dramatically enhancing the passenger experience with the official unveiling of new concessions in Terminal B/American Airlines, the culmination of a two-year, $33 million airport development project. BAA Boston and the Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport) will conduct a ribbon-cutting ceremony to mark the official opening of the Terminal B concessions on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 1:30 p.m. EDT.
“BAA is a pioneer in the airport concessions industry nationwide, and the new Terminal B/American Airlines concessions are now the crown jewel of the award-winning AIRMALL® at Boston Logan International Airport (BOS),” said Mike Caro, vice president of BAA Boston. “Beyond gaining access to a wide variety of new food/beverage and retail units, airline passengers at Logan’s Terminal B can continue to shop and dine knowing that they’ll do so at ‘Regular Mall Prices…Guaranteed,’ a hallmark of the AIRMALL®.”
The renovations have added nearly 20 new units to the AIRMALL® at BOS and incorporate a strategic mix of the finest international, national and local brands:
- Specialty Retail: Duty Free Americas, Johnston & Murphy, Local Charm, Sunglass Hut, Techshowcase and Virgin Books.
- Restaurants and Bars: Cisco Brew Pub, Legal C Bar and Todd English’s Bonfire.
- Fast-Casual Food and Snacks: Au Bon Pain, Cosi, Dunkin’ Donuts, McDonald’s, RYO Asian Fusion, Starbucks, UFood Grill and Villa Pizza.
- Specialty Services: XpresSpa.
- News/Gifts: Hudson News.
From 9/30/08 through 10/2/08, retail, food and beverage operators will mark the grand opening of the new Terminal B concessions with a three-day bonanza of discounts and special offers for passengers.
“Travelers form their first impressions of Boston and the region when they visit Logan International. A dynamic concessions program is crucial, and these new concessions in Terminal B/American Airlines will certainly add to an already high-quality program within the AIRMALL®,” added Sal Amico, manager of airport concessions for Massport.
Passengers are already responding to the dramatic changes. Per-passenger spend in the terminal prior to the start of the project stood at $7.42. In August 2008, BAA Boston reported a perpassenger spend of $10.80 within the terminal, an increase of more than 45 percent during the gradual transformation of concessions.
Here are some other key facts about the new Terminal B concessions:
- With the completion of the renovations, concessions in Terminal B have now grown to more than 25,000 square feet, an increase of more than 82 percent prior to the start of the project.
- Seating capacity has increased by more than 400 percent, with space that is now able to accommodate more than 450 passengers seeking a meal or a snack.